My Avatar

Hello! This post is for the Student Blogging Challenge – Activity 4, Challenge 1                                                                                    

My avatar is a picture of my cat Billie. I have explained about her in another post of mine and on my About Me page, and I will do so again! So, this will be the trillionth time I’ve told this story, but here I go! When my uncle Stephen died he left behind a lot of things, including a cat called Billie. She was pretty much orphaned, but we had no choice, we had to take her. Well, there was another choice, but that was for her to be sedated, put in a car with a jumpy dog that gets overexcited way too easily for 5 hours, and go and live with the dog and 3 other cats. I wonder which one she would choose.

She has been living at our house for just over a year now. She came on the 5th of September last year, so we made that her birthday, or her coming- to-our- house day! This year we got her a special Fancy Feast dinner – turkey flavour!

So that is what my avatar picture is of, and how my cat came to our house!

Bye! 🙂 🙂 🙂

10 thoughts on “My Avatar

1. Hi Simone,
    It’s Caz here! You have commented on my blog before!
    I really like your avatar of your cat, Billie. It is a really interesting story of how you got her! She is really cute, by the way! You made a good choice of taking her with you. A lot of people made avatars, but it is good to see someone who did a picture.

If you are interested, please visit my blog and leave a comment!
    Keep Blogging,
    Caz

2. I love your blog it is so cool! I also love cats, yours is so cute. My grandma has a lot of cats too! And they just had a litter of kittens. I love playing with them and some of them are mean though. I hope you can visit my blog and leave a comment at 2017grw.edublogs.org.

3. Wow, I love your blog!. I think it was very nice of you to take in your uncles cat. Other wise she could have gotten hurt!
    You did a very nice thing. I hope you come vist my sight 2017dng.edublogs.org

4. Pingback: Visit these – Sept 2011 Week 2 : Challenge Yourself to Blog

5. Hello Simone, it’s your Student Challenge Blogging mentor again.

I can see you’ve made progress on the challenge. Like you, for my avatar for the student challenge, I have used an animal. It’s pictured on my student challenge blog. It’s a swamp wallaby with a cheeky grin. Like you, I would have taken in Billie as I love animals.

I also tried your Wellington quiz. I’m lucky I’m not a student in your class. I only had two out of ten correct. It’s been about 12 years since I’ve been in Wellington. 🙂

Remember, for all the latest information on the blog challenge, click on the link below and it will take you to the official challenge blog…

http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/

Remember, if you have any questions you think I might be able to help with, click on the link below. It takes you to a blog I set up for the student challenge. You’ll find a summary of the activities there as well as some links. Leave a comment and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

http://rossmannell.edublogs.org/

Ross Mannell (Your Student Blogging Challenge mentor)
    teacher, NSW, Australia

6. Hi Simone,

My name is Courtney Holifield. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I really like your avatar Billie. That’s a pretty cool story of how she came to live with you. I have a cat as well, her name is Lilly. I have a silly story of how i got her. I was a a birthday party in 1st grade at a friends house and I won her as a prize. She is now 14 years old. Hope you have a lot of fun taking care of her!

7. Good to know your avatar. Mine is Bella. My cutie fishy sea animal. I’m so proud that I have him. Love it!